Following on from our recent 50 things for kids to do at Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa, we thought we’d cover the wealth of things that us grown ups can do too. Unlike some family-focused holidays, which can concentrate a bit too much on keeping the kids happy but forgetting about the parents, Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa gets the balance just right. In fact, you could easily go as a couple, with no children, and not feel like you’re even in a family resort. There are adult-only restaurants and pool areas that are visited by fewer families, leaving it nice and quiet for you…
You can read more about the resort over here, with tips from both Katie and Alison. but here are the things we think are brilliant for adults.
- Have a treatment at the Red Lane spa (there’s even a ‘Scents of Love’ couples massage)
- Learn to scuba dive
- Eat at an adult only restaurant like Sapodilla’s
- Chill by the small Key West pool – tucked away from the crowd and with no ‘fun stuff’ for kids, this is a great quiet pool to read a book by
- Take a yoga class at the Red Lane Fitness Centre
- Relax on a hammock
- Drink a strawberry daiquiri at a swim up bar
- Go to Club Liquid, the Beaches nightclub
- Create your own seafood dish at Barefoot By The Sea
- Have a pint in The Cricketers pub
- Snorkel with the fish
- Have an in-room Escapade – a relaxing, romantic evening in your room which includes a scented bubble bath, candles, and house champagne.
- Take a sunset catamaran cruise
- Drink wine by the fire pit at the Key West restaurant
- Eat a gorgeous breakfast overlooking the sea, at the rooftop Sky bar restaurant
- Stay in a seaside butler suite, with your butler tending to your every whim.
- Go shopping in the boutiques (try not to spend too much though)
- Go parasailing
- Pretend you’re a big kid at the water park!
- Have a private candlelit dinner for two under the stars. The private dinner experience includes a personalized menu, private white glove waiter service, house champagne and a long stem rose. From $170. Mmm – where do we sign up?
NEED TO KNOW
Seven nights at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa for a family of three (two adults and one child) starts from £4,885. Price includes Luxury Included (all-inclusive) accommodation, return flights from London Heathrow and resort transfers. Valid for travel from 30th August – 18th October 2015.
Transfers to and from the airport are included
Check out time is 11am and the bell porter collects your luggage from outside your room, and delivers it to the ‘Departure Lounge’ where the airport shuttles leave from
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
While staying at Beaches, Turks & Caicos isn’t cheap, you could easily go and not spend a single penny all week. We spent $8 and that was only because Alison wanted to buy a nail file and lip balm from the shop. Beaches describe themselves as ‘luxury included’ and they really mean it – you can drink as many cocktails or glasses of (yummy Californian) wine as you like, and the kids can have as many ice creams as they like. The mini bars are free of charge and restocked every day, and the buffet food in the restaurants is properly delicious.
FIND OUT MORE
The Beaches website has everything you need to know.
- Alison and Katie were invited to stay at Beaches, Turks and Caicos for the purpose of this post – and other posts which will appear here and on their own personal blogs. For information on how Space In Your Case works with brands, see our Work With The Team page.