It’s nearly the end of term yippee! Are you planning a camping or festival this summer? If so you will love this amazing family festival giveaway in partnership with Travel Outdoors. Having done Camp Bestival three times, Penny also offered to share her family festival packing list, also great for camping.
Travel Outdoors have all you could need and more, for festivals, camping and outdoor adventures. All the items you see above, and also outlined below, are included in today’s festival giveaway, see the bottom of the post to enter.
Hack the Festival Packing!
Here’s what Travel Outdoors are giving away…
1. We have three kids ponchos, each weighing only 40g, perfect to keep the weight of your day bag down, also ideal for theme parks and summer days out.
2. For Her a Gelert Starburst Ladies’ poncho, stylish and funky, but also with a breathability rating of 3000mvp and waterproof rating of 2000mm for top performance in the outdoors.
3. For Him a Trekmats Pak Poncho. The Pak Poncho is designed to cover both him and the rucksack in poor weather conditions, so all your stuff stays dry, should it shower, hurrah!
4. 4 sets of Funky Feet waterproof overshoes that can be slipped on over your shoes and secured around the ankle with the handy straps. Not only do these over shoes keep your feet dry and clean at music festivals and outdoor events, but they come in a retro trainer design to make your feet look stylish. Penny says she has never needed wellies at Camp Bestival, the sandy hilly site drains so fast if there is a little rain, but they would be a must at other places. These are much lighter than carrying wellies around, if the forecast is reasonable or mixed.
5. 3 packs of Glowsticks – because they keep kids happy and make grown ups feel like they are reliving their youth.
6. Festival Essential Pack – emergency poncho, glow stick, 2 x ear plugs, anti-bacterial hand spray, reusable 500ml polycarbonate drinks bottle, but the best bit is a large white plain flag with fabric pen so you and the kids can always find your tent.
7. 2 x triple pack of Travel John disposable urinals with a unisex plastic opening, making them suitable for use by both men and women. We are also told they are for children too. These handy disposable urinals contains a special Liqsorb polymer pouch, which turns waste into a leak-proof, hygienic, odourless and easy to dispose gel. Perfect for when your favourite band is playing and your small person needs a wee, again. Or when you can’t be bothered to go out the tent in the night.
8. No Rinse Wash Kit This fantastic waterless wash kit contains everything you could need to stay clean without water! The kit comes in a compact canvas storage bag and contains 1 x 65ml no rinse shampoo, 1 x 65ml no rinse body wash, 1 x 65ml no rinse conditioner, 4 x expanding cleaning wipes and 2 x disposable toothbrushes.
9. Lastly something to put all your kit in and keep your hands free, the Trespass Tek 66 Rucksack – lots of great features including an adjustable back system, integrated raincover, carry handle and adjustable shoulder straps.
We think Travel Outdoors stock everything you need for an outdoor adventure. Check out their shop here. To enter, see the rafflecopter at the bottom of the post.
Penny’s Festival Packing Checklist
Hello Campers! Things have changed a lot since I set off to Glastonbury aged 16 with just a small rucksack, a sleeping bag, and a two person tent. Festivals with kids require a little bit more planning. This is extensive, but don’t be overwhelmed, it’s more so you can make you mind up what you will find useful, rather than a must take all list. You can read more about my wonderful Camp Bestival experiences with different age kids, over three consecutive years here and here.
Tent, mallet and pegs
Airbeds – kids ones that have sides to stop them rolling off, or Ready beds are great.
Airbed pump – the car battery powered ones are fast, but you will then have to carry it to the site, people do this, but foot pumps are probably more practical and good for top ups too.
Hot water bottle, although it looks too warm this year!
Keeping clean stuff
Soap and nailbrush
Toothbrushes and paste
Hairclips/headscarf/hairband to hide greasy hair
Dry shampoo/ Dry wash kit
Travel towels are so lightweight and handy if you do get a shower or wash in!
Toilet roll or handier still, packets of tissues.
Travel potty (personal portable toilet units are not permitted to be brought onto the festival site)
Happy and Safe
Torches – head torches are great.
First aid kit
Medicines – suncream adult and child painkillers, insect repellent, hay fever tablets.
Handy small bag for valuables
Binbags for keeping muddy gear and rubbish tidy.
Ear defenders are essential if you are at the front, but are really handy to help kids zone out and sleep while you watch bands.
Never mind the weather
Clothes – lots of light layers, leggings/tights under dresses and shorts, t shirts under fleeces…
Warm jumpers – fleeces are ideal
Warm hats for nighttime
Sandals – crocs/jelly shoes are great as you can wash them clean
warm socks/long socks for night time/wellies
Money for food and treats.
Pens and pencils
Bag of little toys
Flag and flagpole to help make finding the tent easy
Costumes – many festivals have a theme
Solar powered fairy lights
Trolley/ radio flyer – we hired one from Mr Trolley which was big enough for our 3 and 5 year old to sleep in or laze in when they were tired. You can prebook them for the whole weekend at some festivals or just rent one for long enough to get your stuff from your car to the site. With a 4 and 6 year old we didn’t really need it so much and with a 5 and 7 year old we managed without.
Playlist, games, DVDS and snacks for the car journey
Phone and charger/solar or mobile charger, spare old phone can be handy!
Scrapbook and pens, Camp bestival have a colouring book in the goody bag which kept them happy. A few small toys – it kept them happy while we watched bands.
Food and Drink – remove excess packaging to save waste
You can get amazing food at festivals, but having child friendly snacks and a few bits and bobs can really save money and tantrums.
Drink cartons – handy and a money saver for kids.
Water plastic bottles/container
Cereal/cereal bars or granola bars
Bread and peanut butter for quick sandwiches
Snacks – dried fruit, nuts, crisps, crackers, biscuits, breadsticks, anything to keep em quiet!
If you want to cook or want to save money
Small pan – beans/ pasta and sauce are easy meals.
Small gas stove and spare canister – check it actually works beforehand.
Milk (freeze it so it lasts longer!)
Ice packs and cool box
Cups, Bowls and cutlery
Washing Up liquid, cloth, bowl, tea towel
Out and about
Foldable Seats – only really essential if it rains
Picnic rug with plastic back in case ground is damp
Flask/plastic drinks bottles
Small cool bag for snacks
If you buy any new equipment, recycle the packaging at home before you leave to save space and waste at the site.
Cash and tickets!
To win this amazing festival backpack stuffed with festival hacks worth over £150, just let us know your top tip for festivals or packing essential, or packing hack! Follow the rafflecopter. Penny’s list has grown over 3 years, there is always something to add, so feel free to tell us what she has forgotten too!
Check out the Hello Kitty giveaway on Twitter to win Camp Bestival tickets, it closes 14th July.
1. Entry is open to UK residents only, excluding anyone professionally associated with Space In Your Case or the Promoter.
2 One winner will win a Family Festival Kit as outlined in the blog post. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The prize draw starts 12AM 07/09/2015 GMT and closes at 12AM GMT on 07/23/2015.
4. Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post answering: ‘What is your top camping/festival packing tip/hack or must have item?’ Bonus entries can be obtained by sharing the giveaway with your friends, tweeting about the giveaway, visiting Space In Your Case on Facebook, Following Space In Your Case on Twitter, following Space on Your Case on Instagram and following Space In Your Case on Pinterest.
5. The name of the winners will be published on this website within 14 days of the giveaway closing.
6. The winners will be drawn at random using Rafflecopter and they must have commented on this blog post for their entry to count.
7. The winners will be notified by email. They willl have a week to respond, after which time a redraw will take place.
8. In the unlikely event that the prize becomes unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
9. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. The Promoter is:
Silverfox Travel & Outdoors
C4 Burley Hill Industrial Estate
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
More competitions at ThePrizeFinder – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/%C2%A3150-worth-festival-going-kit#sthash.nWof1v0T.dpuf