As travel enthusiasts we love to browse Instagram for inspiration, new reads, or – let’s face it – for a pick-me-up on a grey drizzly UK afternoon! We’re thrilled that lots of you tag your travel shots with #spaceinyourcase, so that yours are the first ones we see when we need a dose of travel-infused voyeurism. And every month we feature a small selection of our favourites for all our readers to share.
Often you share exotic beaches and snow-capped mountains with us, but this month we’ve enjoyed seeing beautiful images from closer-to-home destinations, as the summer nights have come to an end, and sun-loungers have given way to blustery beach walks, and country houses. Still, some of you have been to spectacular far-flung destinations too, we see!
Introducing a very British feel to this month’s round up is Helen’s shot of her daughter on a sponsored walk over Millennium Bridge. Approaching the iconic St Paul’s Cathedral was the moment she realised she was nearly finished!
Instagram Travel Inspiration: September
- Proof that you don’t need to go far to capture a great travel picture. @iamalicelangley spotlights Eros in London.
- Doesn’t the light in this lakeside portrait by @onetinyleap make you want to dive in? We’ve been
- Think @noadfamily is at Disneyland? Look again. This art installation is a little closer to home!
- Sometimes travel is all about the food, don’t you think? @Actuallypics discovers poffertjes in Holland and makes us all hungry for mini pancakes.
- The most beautiful sunset this month comes from @tmkuk in Greece. We love those little fishing boats!
- This month @pennyalexander_ spent the day with Princess Cruises. You can read more about that here, but there’s exciting about the anticipation in this picture as Penny steps on board…
- There’s always something stunning about a National Trust property, and @mamashaven snapped this gorgeous morning at Mount Stewart in Northern Ireland.
- We loved @iamalicelangley’s shot of Camber Sands – all those interesting lines, on white shingle – simple but stunning!
- Another iconic view from London, as @jmcglynn perfectly frames the Shard with the structure of London Bridge.
If you’re travelling next month, remember to tag your Instagram pictures with #spaceinyourcase so we can find them and perhaps feature them in October’s roundup. And wherever you’re going, leave space in your case for us!
Every photo we share in our monthly roundups is credited and linked back to your Instagram accounts.